All cosmetics sold on the European Union (EU) and Great Britain (GB) marketplaces are regulated under regulation EC 1223/2009 and Cosmetic Products Enforcement Regulations 2013
(as amended). As part of the regulation manufacturers of cosmetic products must meet the requirements set out within these regulations. These requirements include:
- A Product Information File (PIF)
- A cosmetic product safety report
- Follow Good Manufacturing Process (GMP)
- Microbial Challenge Testing
- Product Stability Testing
- Assurance that no banned ingredients are used in the product
- Assurance that restricted ingredients are not in the product at levels higher than stated within the regulation
- Correct Labelling including any claims made about the cosmetic
- A Responsible Person
- Registration on the Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP) for the EU & Northern Ireland
- Registration on the Cosmetic Product Notification Service (CPNS) for GB.
Patient Guard offers the following services. Click on the links below or contact us for more information.
Cosmetic Product Safety Report
What is a Cosmetic Product Safety Report? The Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR) is the cosmetic safety assessor’s opinion that…
UK Responsible Person Service
UK Cosmetics Responsible Person In the United Kingdom (UK) Cosmetic Product companies are legally required to have a Responsible Person….
Cosmetics Registration UK CPNS
UK Cosmetics Registration All cosmetic products that are placed onto the UK marketplace must be registered on the Cosmetic Products…
EU Responsible Person Service
European Cosmetics Responsible Person In European Union (EU) countries and the wider economic area (Turkey, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) Cosmetic…
Cosmetics Registration Europe CPNP
European Cosmetics Registration All cosmetic products that are placed onto the EU marketplace must be registered on the Cosmetic Products…