Cosmetics Registration UK CPNS
UK Cosmetics Registration
All cosmetic products that are placed onto the UK marketplace must be registered on the Cosmetic Products Notification Service (CPNS) by a legally registered UK Responsible Person.
The Cosmetic Products Notification System (CPNS) is an online notification system created for the implementation of Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 on cosmetic products as amended by the Product Safety and Metrology etc. (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019.
When a product has been notified in the CPNS, there is no need for any further notification at national level within the UK.
Prior to placing the cosmetic product on the market, the Responsible person must submit, by electronic means, the following:
- The category of cosmetic product, its physical form, packaging type and its name or names, enabling its specific identification
- The name and address of the Responsible person where the Product Information File is made readily accessible
- The country of origin in case of import
- The member state in which the cosmetic product is to be placed on the market
- The contact details of a physical person to contact in case of necessity
- The presence of substances in the form of nanomaterials
- The name and the Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) or EC number of substances classified as carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic for reproduction (CMR), of category 1A or 1B, under part 3 of Annex VI to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008
- The product formula or the frame formulation allowing for prompt and appropriate medical treatment in the event of difficulties
- The original labelling, and, where reasonably legible, a photograph of the corresponding packaging
Patient Guard can assist you with all your UK cosmetic regulatory requirements. With an office based in Northwest England, we can act on your behalf as the UK Responsible Person and register your cosmetic products on the CPNS, allowing you to sell your cosmetics product in the United Kingdom.
UK Responsible Person Service
UK Cosmetics Responsible Person In the United Kingdom (UK) Cosmetic Product companies are legally required to have a Responsible Person….
Cosmetic Product Safety Report
What is a Cosmetic Product Safety Report? The Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR) is the cosmetic safety assessor’s opinion that…