Speak to Patient Guard if you require a QSR Audit.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires manufacturers to implement a quality management system in accordance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR) per 21 CFR Part 820, also known as the current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP). Manufacturers, specification developers, contract manufacturers, re-labelers/re-processors, and even some distributors must implement a quality management system compliant with the QSR.
Medical device and IVD manufacturers must also conduct internal audits of their quality management system in accordance with the QSR. Failure to conduct internal audits can result in product quality issues, lack of process improvements, or regulatory compliance issues. Patient Guard can perform independent internal audits on behalf of clients to determine quality system compliance, particularly for clients lacking the resources or experience to perform their own audits.
Our US FDA QSR auditing services include:
- Gap analysis audit – Through this audit we will assess your current level of compliance with FDA regulation 21 CFR Part 820. The gap analysis can be conducted at any time on the quality management system to identify deficient areas.
- Full or partial internal QSR audit – FDA regulations require manufacturers to conduct regular internal audits of their quality management system. Patient Guard provides internal auditing services which allow for an independent review of your full quality system. We can also conduct specific QSR process audits in which we focus on particular areas of your quality management system where you suspect non-compliance occurs or has occurred, or focus on areas where conflicts of interest make an external, independent audit desirable.
- Supplier audit – As part of your full or partial QMS audit, monitoring your critical suppliers is both good business practice and a regulatory requirement. It is your responsibility to ensure proper manufacturing processes even if you rely on subcontractors for components of your manufacturing operation. We can conduct supplier audits on your behalf to assess whether your critical suppliers are adequately addressing your requirements in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
- FDA pre-inspection audit – We can conduct a gap or internal audit in anticipation of an FDA inspection or even assist during an actual FDA inspection. Patient Guard can assist you in identifying problem areas in your quality management system prior to an FDA inspection. This pre-inspection audit is similar to a gap audit, but we focus on areas that may be reviewed more intently by an FDA Investigator, e.g. complaint handling, design controls, corrective and preventive action, manufacturing processes, special processes.
- FDA QSR mock audit – We can also perform a QSR audit that would mimic an FDA inspection to help you prepare for an actual FDA inspection. This type of audit can be provided as independent assessment of readiness without company personnel being aware. FDA QSR mock audits are performed using the FDA’s Quality System Inspection Technique (QSIT) in preparation for an actual FDA inspection.
Patient Guard has the experience and expertise with FDA QMS requirements to help you manage your next inspection.
Patient Guard can provide QMS support on an ongoing basis. This helps you leverage an QMS system designed specifically for the medical device industry.